Monday, November 16, 2009

Shaving Vs. Waxing...pros vs cons

Okay, per Issy's suggestion, i am going to try my hand at blogging about random things people post.
Today will be Shaving vs. Waxing...Pros and Cons.
Shall we start with the shaving? okay sounds good to me. I am one of those women who Hates to shave. seriously, i wont do it unless i have to. half the time my legs are pretty manly, especially during the winter.
I used to think i had to shave my legs every single day when i was in High School. that was what...6 or 7 years ago? between getting lazy, and having a toddler, it just doesnt happen that way anymore.
Shaving is time consuming and you can cut yourself.
The hairs come back in about a day or two anyways, so whats the point?
I always seem to get little ingrown hairs when i do decide i need to shave, and it sucks.
shaving just sucks.
Shall we move onto Waxing and or creams?
Waxing is an option for me for smaller areas...i.e. my face and whatnot. it doesnt take much time, and it makes the area smoother.
I have really dark hair, so ANY hair i get is dark so i have resorted to waxing on my face a few times.
It hurts like hell usually, but the effect is smoother and lasts longer.
Creams like Nair and whatnot smell horrid. its like throwing straight chemicals onto your legs.
and you have to sit and smell it for up to 5 minutes so that it does whatever it does...does it burn the hairs or what? im really not sure.
every time i have used a cream, it hasnt worked for me. maybe its because i have such coarse hair, but it really sucks to sit there smelling that crap just to have it not work.
So, all in all here is what i figure:
Shaving is good for swimming suit readiness
Waxing is good for the face, but i didnt like using it on my other body areas, due to the pain factor mostly, im a big baby.
Creams just stink and dont work.
So, i say shave the legs, wax the face, and just dont waste the money on the creams....
There is my rambling for this afternoon folks.

1 comment:

  1. hehe very good :D I would love to regularly wax my body, but cannot afford it, so I stick to good old shave and tweeze lol.
    great ramble. and yeah, I meant what I said, cory was being a bully, and I will find a way to come see you guys one day. soon as I can afford my kids passports. xxx

    ReplyDelete