Thursday, April 22, 2010

What Better Day Than Earth Day?

Today is Earth Day! And on top of that, it's the 40th anniversary of Earth day. I know I have been MIA for a few months in the blogging world, and I am sorry. But today I have a great bit of rambling senselessness for you!

One of my good writer friends has just gotten 'The Call'...okay maybe not THE call, but she is inching her way towards publication, more than I can say for myself! So today's blog will be dedicated to the very lovable and hillarious Hart Johnson.

The other reason I have decided to dedicate my blog to Hart today is because it is Earth day. What better way to spend it than going Au Natural? Thats right. I want EVERYONE to get naked. Right now. Come on. Hart is taking over the world, one nudist at a time.

I came to the conclusion at about 4 am that Earth Day is the perfect day for Hart. She is the ultimate nudist, and I admire her nakedness. Yep. I do! So, in honor of Mother Earth and Hart, I am going naked today. :)

Not only do I admire her for her Nakedness, I admire her as a writer. She has to be one of the best I have read. She has this habit of making me want to laugh and cry at the same time when I read her work. That was a first for me when I began reading it. She takes characters that I know and love and puts an ultra crazy spin on them...and she makes it work!

Now, I have not had the opportunity to read her 'cozy' novel that she is working on, but I am sure I will love it, and I have no doubt whatsoever that she will be hitting the shelves of our bookstores VERY soon.

She has also been a constant in the group of people encouraging me to write. When I first decided to join other people in the quest to write a novel in 30 days during NanoWriMo, She was there encouraging me all the way. I have a firm belief that without her convincing me, I would have never believed I could do it.

So today is my day to say Thank You. Thank You to Hart, and also to all the people who make me want to write, and encourage me to do so. You are a great group of people, and I dont know what I what I would do without you all!


3 comments:

  1. So you POSTED at 4:37 and on my birthday I was born at 4:27--how fortuitous is THAT? Thanks so much for the dedication, hon! NAKED AND CELEBRATING (though still revising, but man, I haven't been this glad for a Friday in a LONG time!)

    And ABSOLUTELY keep writing--this is ALL process, and every word we write makes us better. Hopefully I will really hit my stride before retirement, but I feel honored to have a chance to encourage younger writers--I wish I'd had a group like this when I was in my mid-20's and floundering (my first novel attempt petered out at about 250 pages--half way for me *snort* but had I had a writing community, it might have had a shot of AT LEAST getting done.

    I love you guys!
    *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the dedication - she has done it to us all - & kept us at it - of course when we ALL get (naked &) published, we shall be able to say 'we told her so' innumerable times, - but we WILL get there - it's in the stars - and in the EARTH on Earth Day. Good choice.

    Tami: you were born at 4:27; I was born at 4:20... I think fire&ice has got psychic powers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dun Dun Dun!!! Maybe I do hab=ve Psychic powers O_O...
    Thanks for the comments guys! I dont know why it showed up like 3 days after I posted it, but thats the internet for ya...

    ReplyDelete